Records are all Information created, received, and maintained as evidence and information by an Organisation or person, in pursuance of legal obligations or in the transaction of business, regardless of form or medium (paper or electronic).
- Records established to provide evidence of conformity to requirement and of the effective operation of the quality management system shall be controlled
- The organisation shall establish a documented procedure to define the controls needed for the identification, storage, protection, retrieval, retention time and disposition of records
- Records shall remain legible, readily identifiable and retrievable
Records Serve Three Main Purposes
- Records provide evidence of conformity with requirements
- Records demonstrate the organisation has an effective QMS
- Records document continual improvement